Long Version:UK VZ.59 Sight
- Factory: “yal” Meopta Prerau - Prerov factory
- Manufactured: 1960's
- Tube: 35mm
- Magnification: 4x8, non adjustable focus and magnification.
- Reticle: Cross with single chevron in center – reticle moves off center with windage and elevation adjustment similar to a Mosin PU sight
- Adjustments: Windage and Elevation knobs (black with white numbers) – moves reticle off center in sight tube. Rare sight versions may have silver knobs.
- Accessories: Shock absorbing screw-on rubber eye-protection piece; Screw-on yellow Lens Filter (male threads on one side, female threads on other); Screw-on Lens Flash Hider (screws directly on to lens tube, or on to lens filter).
- Case: Some of these might include a Canvas carry case with belt loop, straps and leather trims; sometimes may include a Lens Cleaning Kit (horse hair brush and piece of linen)
- Variations of sight: Tube (Day/Night sight) with side port and connection for reticle illumination device; Daytime only optic (rare) without side port connection for reticle illumination.
- Illumination/Flashlight device (NOT INCLUDED with sight unless noted - I believe these are pretty rare these days): Flashlight has RGB plastic color filters manually slid into place over the bulb. Sight reticle illumination requires this battery operated illuminator with cable attachment (pretty rare these days) – see the connector on the mount side of the sight tube for bulb port. You can shine a small flashlight or bore light into the port on the side of the sight tube to see how the reticle lights up white in dark environments.
- Mount: Clamp mount – securely pinned to sight tube, fits all UK VZ.59 milspec receivers
THESE OPTICS WERE DESIGNED TO TAKE THE VIBRATION AND SHOCK OF A FULLY AUTOMATIC VZ 59 LIGHT MACHINE GUN OPERATING IN COMBAT ENVIRONMENTS, SO WHILE THEY ARE SIMPLE IN DESIGN AND FUNCTION, THEY ARE VERY ROBUST FOR A CIRCA 1960's SIGHT.
|UK59 w/ mount and sight. Copyright 2014|
This private collection of optics have been individually inspected and it is believed that each sight functions properly as designed, however I am not an expert. The single cross/chevron reticle correctly moves off center (similar to a Mosin PU scope) in both windage and elevation using the two adjustment knobs on the tube as designed – there is no binding. The glass lenses are clear and not cracked or damaged, but may include tiny cleaning scratches, or inclusions/flaws in the glass as originally issued from the factory. If there are any marks found on the glass it should be noted in the specific description or shown in the pictures. The included sight mount that is securely attached (pinned) to the optic tube is complete and functional and will attach the optic to the UK VZ59 receiver securely as designed. The optional rubber eye piece extension, the yellow daytime lens filter, and the lens flash hider are all intact and included with the optic. There may also be a lens cloth and small brush (“cleaning kit”) and canvas bag (carry case) included so check pictures and the specific description.
If you find that the optic does not mount securely to a milspec UK59 receiver, or function properly as originally designed and intended, you can return it to me WITHIN 15 DAYS of receipt in the same condition you received it in, for a full refund of your purchase price (not including shipping costs). This does NOT cover any cosmetic issues so review the description and photos carefully.
These optics are acceptable used Czech Military surplus equipment and they will show varying signs of field use potentially including: scratches, missing paint - usually on mounts, field paint touch ups, slight surface rust and/or slight pitting on bare metal surfaces, small dents, and other cosmetic blemishes. I believe these optics are in very acceptable military surplus condition and would rate them as very good to excellent used surplus condition. None of these cosmetic issues will effect the proper mounting and/or operation of the optic. I have tried my best to note any cosmetic issues in the specific description and show them in the pictures. Please contact me with any questions or for more pictures before purchase as I will not entertain any returns for cosmetic issues.
See photos in posts for details on included parts and condition.
Comments and questions are always welcome.
Descriptions, photos and URL link:
Sight #1 - SOLD - UK59 SIGHT #1 - 4x8 1960 L086 yal
Sight #2 - $750 - UK59 SIGHT #2 - 4x8 1963 A435 yal
Sight #3 - SOLD - UK59 SIGHT #3 - 4x8 1963 C056 yal
Sight #4 - Excellent. Part of "The ultimate UK59 accessory package."
Sight #7 - SOLD - UK59 SIGHT #7 - 4x8 1962 M291 yal
Sight #8 - $TBD - UK59 SIGHT #8 - Special Package - Soon
Sight #10 - SOLD - UK59 SIGHT #10 - 4x8 1962 P264 yal